“The right person for the right position, at the right time and at the right location.” That is truly a huge challenge. What do headhunters need to meet this challenge? Expertise and experience, discipline, hard work, best practices in using search engines to find the top talent. And so much more is required! Client/sector knowledge, an understanding of global economics, business acumen, strategy, a little luck and, last but not least, strong national and international networks. So why is a strong network essential in headhunting? There are so many answers to this question, it’s impossible to choose only one. TASA (https://www.tasa.com.co/en/home/) has been a member of Agilium Worldwide (https://www.agiliumworldwide.com/) for around 13 years, so let’s spell out just some of the reasons why!
- We can share best practices and learn from each other’s experiences.
- We can get to know partners and candidates from other countries and this helps us to understand different cultures.
- The search for the right talent is facilitated by wider access to markets and industries.
- Maybe we can anticipate what’s going to happen in our country by gathering information from other economies.
- We can visit clients at different global locations and bring innovation to their table.
- We can work side by side in researching talent behavior and developing methodologies.
- It’s possible to share international studies on new talent trends such as entrepreneurial competencies, new-gen characteristics and abilities in the workplace.
- We can discuss and analyze new mega-trends and share state-of-the-art methodology in assessing talent.
- It’s useful to know what others are doing with the data gathered from years of practice and how they manage it efficiently. We can exchange opinions on how AI can serve our business effectively.
- Because it’s always an advantage, and also a lot of fun, to have like-minded partners all over the world!
And this is what we have learned from our experience with networks.
- Great innovations come from external factors. Intellectual competence in different careers is improved significantly through contact made with other people and then developed over a period. Even a simple interaction with one person can transform a year-long search project and result in a breakthrough.
- Networking is one thing, but being able to utilize it is another.
- You can never tell how much you know without listening to other people. Networks foster the exchange of ideas to sustain long-term relationships and mutual trust.
- Networking helps you to identify new opportunities such as a business sale, an asset, a partnership, joint ventures, client leads and presentation opportunities that help address others and also add value to them.
NETWORKING IS NOT ONLY ABOUT EXCHANGING INFORMATION, BUT ALSO SERVES AS AN AVENUE TO CREATE LONG-TERM RELATIONSHIPS WITH MUTUAL BENEFITS.
Lourdes Cabrales, Managing Partner:
Founded in 1984, Agilium Worldwide LLC (https://www.agiliumworldwide.com/) is an international executive search group of independent, owner-managed retained executive search firms, with members who are active in virtually every market. Agilium Worldwide ranks among the world’s top 25 executive search organizations.
Agilium Worldwide’s member firms offer personalized, specialized, client-oriented services. By eliminating the formally structured, pre-programmed approach they can remain proactive and secure prompt, skilled and expert service to their clients, to help them find the “Perfect Fit” – the right person for the right position, at the right time, at the right location.
Agilium Worldwide member firms are trusted advisors to companies from the Fortune 500, as well as to upcoming and start-up companies around the globe. Clients get the best of both worlds: an entrepreneurial approach with global reach and local perspective.